HybridZ

LS1 Exhaust Manifold Options

I know that the headers will work but what are the other options if you don't want headers?

1. Will the corvette LS1 or Z06 manifolds offer more clearance?

See them here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2464625344

2. How about the Hummer H2 Manifolds?

See them here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33632&item=2465438024

I told you I was going to bug you guys with lots of questions and you let me join anyway!

Thanks!

You really should try the search button. I know it was broken a little while ago, but it works now. I just tried it to make certain (in fact, I used the title of this post and got lots of good hits).

We don't mind getting "bugged" with questions. That's what these boards are for. We do mind if you ask questions that have been asked and answered before. It's just not efficient.

You'll get better search results if you choose the "all terms" option. Otherwise, you end up with alot of not very useful threads that are general with non-specific info. You'll also turn up alot of your own questions (which is why not using the search feature ends up making the search feature less useful - ironic isn't it).

Now that I'm done being bitchy, I don't think anyone has tried the H2 manifolds or any truck manifold for that matter. The passenger side looks similar to the Fbody unit, and the driver's side actually looks like it may fit better. The FBody dr side outlet comes out more towards the middle which creates some steering shaft interference. It looks to me like that one would fit nicely. I wouldn'e want to spend that much $ to find out though. I'm sure you could find plain truck manifolds for much less. Hard to tell from that pic, but I'm guessing that the flanges will have to be cut off or significantly modified (just like the FBody units).

C5 manifolds will not fit.

Sorry!

I had tried the search earlier on a different topic and it wasn't working so I figured it just didn't work. I don't want to get anyone pissed off, so from now on, I will always try the search first and then ask questions.

Thanks!

Sorry!

I had tried the search earlier on a different topic and it wasn't working so I figured it just didn't work. I don't want to get anyone pissed off' date=' so from now on, I will always try the search first and then ask questions.

Thanks![/quote']

I have a set of 99 LS1 stock manifords that I just had powder coated if interested.I'll take 150 for the set + shipping.I payed 150 just for the coating and even have the heat shealds coated.I never installed them.

DSC00320.JPG

http://www.ls1240z.com

I have a set of 99 LS1 stock manifords that I just had powder coated if interested.I'll take 150 for the set + shipping.I payed 150 just for the coating and even have the heat shealds coated.I never installed them.

I tried to PM you about these but you didn't get back to me. Have the flanges or anything else on these been modified in any way other than the coating? Was it powdercoating or ceramic coating like "Jet Hot"??

I used the 98 ls-1 exhaust manifolds but did some modifications to make them fit. On the drivers side i had to remove the O2 bung and relocate it on the inside of the exhaust manifold. I did this by useing a hole saw and cutting it out and using the piece from the opposite side and welded them all back in. Make sure (if you use the O2) to place it in a location where it will not hit the block The steering rod was really close to the manifold so i placed a rod and hit it with a hammer to dent in the area were the exhaust was hitting. I removed both stock exhaust connectors and replaced them with corvette flanges so it would be easier to install the mufflers and pipes.

I like those ZO6 manifolds!!! I would replace mine if i knew that they worked.