HybridZ

Got my BRE style spoiler today-Pics!!

zguy95135

Actually its the 432 style one from Classic Datsun. The part has excellent quality, the gel coat is very smooth, and it looks like it will fit perfectly against the body. It was well worth the $165 that he sold it for. The only thing that I would change is the two bolts that are on the ends of the spoiler by moving them in about 2 inches. Right now they are near the edges of the hatch so it is difficult to get in the right position. Unfortunatly I broke two bits already :oops: and the mounting is beginning to be a PITA, but when I get it done I will post some pics :)

Cool glad you like it!! Les's products are very nice, and worth the money. he pulled a mold of that part off of his original and I have one too. the mounting locations are the same as the original, which are a PITA, but for a lot of folks accuracy counts....

Heres the pics of the mounted spoiler

normal_spoiler1%7E0.jpg

normal_spoiler3%7E1.jpg

normal_spoiler4.jpg

it fits nice and close to the hatch, but I still have to bolt on the outer studs. It took about 3 hours and a good amount of blood loss from a sharp piece of metal to get it done, but for the more experienced it would be much less. BTW the 432 and BRE style spoilers are pretty much the same, just that the one from CD is a copy instead of a copy of a copy (does that make sense? im confusing myself :) ) its much better then the POS MSA sells...

Dont you just love the very organized garage? :oops:

Guest jjohart

Hi, your spoiler is really not much more than a bent lip, compared to the ostrich wing I'd like to find for my admittedly not classic 83 ZXT. Seriously, I'm partial to the F40 style wing, but I am really p.o'd that MSA tries putting an unnecessary third brake light on it and charges probably $150 more than it'd otherwise go for...

If anyone knows of a price cutter source for said F40 wing, please let us know...Classic Datsun has a 240Z attitude, which means they're not out to cut slack on newer pieces, much less carry them at all!!

Cheers

John

is there a rasied part on the spoiler for a emblem.. on the back of the spoiler?

mike

on the right side of the spoiler, there is a slightly flat raised spot that could be used for emblems. Its about 5-6 inches long by 3 inches high, so it would work for your Hybrid Z emblem idea :)

I think I will stay with the 70s era Trans-Am spoiler that I bought off of ebay for $30. I am not saying that it did not take a serious amount of time to make it fit right, especially on the ends. My z is just a driver and at 70 mph it will look ok. Besides I can use the extra $135 for more parts and pieces.

If you want that era correct look the BRE spoiler does look good.