HybridZ

bare minimum V8 swap?

What is the absolute bare minimum I need to drop a V8 into my '77?

I mean...the barest of the bare minimum...just enough to get the car driving down the road for a couple of weeks until I can get everything else? (as long as it has a speedometer, I can live without a tach for a couple of weeks)

I would like to do the swap, and plan on doing it for sure...but, the sooner I can get it done, the better...before I go back to wanting to just install this turbo engine I have sitting here...

Beautiful car you have there. I also would like an answer to this question as I just need my car running enough to drive it a few miles to the body shop and interior shop and wherever else to get the work done that I wont be doing myself. just curious to the cheap basics jerry rigging is fine... thanks guys

Guest Anonymous

Bill,

What are you looking to spend? Send me a email offline, I hate doing this, but I may have to get rid of my car rather cheaply (considering whats in it), great parts car for your swap if you don't have a small block and tranny yet. If your interested give me a note off line at lone@cwnet.com .

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

Maybe Len, I'd like another more stock Z or Zx but with a bit of cash left over in case I'm still not working by the end of the month, I have to move to an apt and well things are getting tight, my accident lawsuit will take quite a while so that won't help (assuming I'm even able to get anything) and not sure if the bike will be ready to sell by then. (insurance takes forever to do things, specially when its someone elses...) I do still plan on getting some sort of cheaper Z as a driver, I mean I can't leave the family here after all.

Regards,

Lone

• 1 year later...