HybridZ

somebody slap me (a D.I.Y injector fan "kit")

Guest jjohart

Guest jjohart

Hi,

I have yet to solve a puzzle as to why my car restarts/idles poorly after warmed up and left to sit after a bit of idling then off for 10-20min. All's I know is if I keep the hood up, whatever it is that's getting overheated doesn't get that way, so no problem, except I don't think it's really practical to be putting the hood up every time I park!

Since all the local mechanics and Nissan techs tell me they can spend countless dollars and not find the culprit, I am taking it on myself to find the closest fixes at hand. The one thing I'd like to do is find a relay and switch to make the stock injector fan come on at lower temperatures, rather than the 219F it's set to go off at. If anyone can direct me to the right parts, supplier and a wiring hint, if not a diagram, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

JOhn 83 280ZXT I/C'd

Guest jjohart

yes, it works, but it needs a bit of tweaking to bring it on at a lower temperature....very likely a fix for my vapor lock condition is that is not effective by design, being that it waits until 219F....I reckon 150 or so would be ideal to try!

Any ideas?

John

Sure you can wire that up with this thermal relay kit from Jegs! Its adjustable from 160*F to 210*F Just hook your power wire from the relay to your fan a walla! :D You would need to attach the sensor to the engine though? So you could set it to come on at when the coolant gets to 160*F.

77118905.jpg

771-18907.....Wiring kit w/threaded sensor....$59.99

Guy

Although this will only fix the symptoms, and not the problem, get one of these, mount it on one of the frame rails (verticle) and run some ducting ( the type used to exhaust clthes dryers, or something similar) to the intake (injectors). Then wire it to a temp sensor to switch on at a certain temp (with the engine off) and switch off at a certain temp, and to switch off when you start the engine. This will definitely keep your intake cooler.

04118_f.jpg%20

(finally a good use for the "electric turbo")

Just a thought.

Tim