HybridZ

Simple Question about heater hoses...

Do I need to try and find molded heater hoses to run from the Heatercore to the engine? I was planning on just using straight hose but was unsure if it would put the hose in a bind coming out of the firewall? Also, if you do use molded hose do you have to splice into it with straight hose in order to reach and tie into the V8?

Thanks

I used one original shaped hose from the bottom of the core to the fire wall then a generic hose from the top of the core to the fire wall, added connectors and ran one hose with a 90* bend into the intake straight hose to the water pump.

Be sure to use grommets in the firewall!!! Little trick to installing the grommets and running the hose through them is to use a little bit of dish washing soap for lubricant.

ds

I bought two 90 degree heater hose connectors at the local auto parts store. Then I bought two heater hoses with 90 degree bends molded in.

The 90 degree connector is inserted into the firewall. The heater hose is flat against the firewall and was cut to the length that the 90 bend molded into the hose gets it around the valve cover. Absolutely no rubbing!

BTW, because of my larger valve covers and extra JTR setback I had very little room. http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=236622

Long heater hoses with a 90* bend at the end should be readily available from a local parts store. Sorry, I don't have the part number on the ones that I used. but they fit perfectly and rest alongside the valve cover. ALhttp://www.pbase.com/image/25639761