HybridZ

What to do about stock firewall insulation???

utvolman99

Hey guys. I have just about everything stripped out of my Zs interior and am about to order a Brown Bread insulation kit. What did you guys do with the stock firewall insulation? Did you rip it out or leave it. I'm not sure but I think some of that area will be visible in the end and I'm not sure I want the silver Brown Bread stuff showing.

I ordered 70sq feet on Brown Bread and 13.5sq feet of Vcomp from b-quiet.com yesterday. I chose Vcomp because this is what manufactor said

Vcomp is meant to be installed on floors, doors and firewalls to reduce road and engine noise. Using a damping material in conjunction with Vcomp will offer the optimum performance."

I still am not sure on what I am going to use for Heat sheilding, but I will figure that out at some point. My stock firewall stuff was in such bad shape I was not given the choice of keeping it. It looks as though some parts may be visable but since I am redoing all my carpet its not a big deal to make a bigger peice of carpet to cover these areas.