HybridZ

diff questions

TomsCoupe

Ok, i have done something that i never thought i would ever do...Im cheating of ford with a chevy. lol

Well, i have decided to sell all my 302 stuff and go with the LS1 swap just because it is so light, and has so much more power than the 302. Now, i have some questions.

1)Is there a bolt up rearend that will hold 350-400hp?

2)How hard would it be to bolt up a corvette diff?

3)I want wider wheel wells, so i was thinking of maybe a minitub. Im guessing it would be easier to mount up that corvette rearend right?

thanks.

Sorry if this question has been posted to death, i just didnt find any useful info when i searched.

Hi Welcome to HybridZ...You are right these questions have been beaten to death but here are a couple of things to check out.

1) R230 Swap These axles are for a VLSD swap out of newer Nissan Q45's.

2) DOT ( a member here) has a Vette IRS in his car

3) I don't know abot a mini tub but a few guys are running THESE 280YZ flares to fit huge tires.

Hope that helps!!

1)Is there a bolt up rearend that will hold 350-400hp?

Well, you can go with an R180 or R200 LSD, both of which will handle that kind of power, the R200 being better if you plan to drag race it w/ slicks. For street, autocross, track, etc, either will work. I've run a little R160 LSD (stock Subaru diff w/ 3.70s) in my VG turbo 510 that put out 340HP/400 ft lbs for several years as a driver, many autocrosses and a hillclimb record. Those are "bolt-in" options and the most cost effective for sure. Neither of them will "hurt handling". Hope that helps.

Welcome to Bowtie land! Good choice on the LS1. I love mine.

I'll second Gary on his comments although I went with the 3.70:1 R200 LSD. For guys with 240's there are a few things you need to do rather than just bolt up the R200. There was a very recent thread on it that you shoould be able to easily find in the drivetrain forum. That was what was nice about my 280Z. It was so set up already for the FI LS1 that not a lot of modifying had to be done.