HybridZ

A little update.....

80LS1T

Well for the past few months I have been really trying to get my car “done.†I did not work on it all from Oct-Dec due to the fact that I needed a break from working on it day in and day out from Nov 02’-Sept 03’! So I took a break from the car for a few months and just parked it.

So when January came around I started to work on it again. First I stared on the header issue. I needed to make a header for my drivers side so that I could get rid of the manifold on the drivers side and put a regular block hugger on the passenger side. It took me about 2 weeks to make and 1 new MIG welder to do it but it was definitely worth all the time and effort! I installed it this past weekend for a test fit and to see if it leaked……it fits great and it doesn’t leak! J Man was I happy about that! Now I have to send it in to be coated by Jet Hot Coatings. I will be taking it off tonight and getting it ready to send in.

I did a lot of detailing in the engine compartment. When I installed the engine last winter I kind of cut some corners and didn’t do the greatest job of hiding wires and routing them the best way. So I took all the crimp connectors out and soldered every connection and used heat shrink on every thing and tried to make the engine bay as neat as possible. Its not a show cars engine bay but it is definitely a nice clean looking engine bay and that’s all I wanted.

Another project was to put a new fuel level gauge in and an A/F ratio gauge in. “While I was at it……†I installed new LED(blue ones to match the car) blinker indicator lights and moved the check engine light from the engine bay to the dash.

And I finally saved up enough cash to buy the body kit from MSA and a set of tires for my 17’s! The tires are BFG T/A KD’s 225/45/ZY17’s They basically a step down from the BFG Drag radials. They should last about 10,000 miles instead of the 3,000 that the DR last. I would like the DR but I don’t wan to buy new tires every 2 months! I figure 1 set of tires a year with these. I haven’t driven on them yet but I have heard good things about them. J

Here’s a pic of the new rims and part of the body kit(the body kit is being held on with c-clamps but I edited the clamps out with paint) I didn’t put on the rear piece because I haven’t taken off the old bumper yet.

HZsig.jpg

Here’s some more pics….(I didn’t want to post all the pics because it would take for ever for us 56K users to load the page)

new wheels and part of body kit

new wheels and part of body kit pic 2

new wheels and part of body kit but with hood open

new drivers side header before coating

new gauges and LED lights

Guy :D 8)

Well my brother(who has been restoring/painting cars for 15+ years) is going to be painting it for me. He is coming down from Stevens Point, WI(about 1 1/2 hours north of me) to take a look at the body kit and then we will begin attaching it and then paint it!

The whole car will be the color of the engine bay....

Color of engine bay pic

All I know is I cant believe how much I like those rims on my car! 8) :D

Guy

Colour of your engine bay hey, all black from grease :P nah nice paint in there.

As for the wheels, its amazing how much of a difference it can make for your car. I remember gettin almost the same sort of wheels for my Z and it made it look 1000x better.