HybridZ

Which colleges should i look into?

240hoke

Hey,

Im finishing up my junior year in Highschool and I'm starting to look around at colleges to apply to next year. I live in NC so ive mainly been looking at colleges in the south.

My two best picks so far at NC state and Clemson. I just visited Clemson today and was very impressed.

I plan to major in Mechanical Engineering with an emphisis on Automotive engineering. Clemson has just started an automotive program with BMW, Michelin, and IBM for research and development and will be offering grad degrees in Automotive engineering. They also have good motorsports clubs such as the Clemson Sport Car Club and the Formula team. Anyhow those were some things that interested me about the school.

I wanted to hear what your guys opinions are on schools, places you went..... etc.

-Austin

I spent a decade in NC, so I know a bit about the colleges there. NC State is a great engineering school. Duke has a great basketball team, but your chances of getting any playing time are low. You could probably start for the football team. The girls SAT scores are too high, inversely proportional to their looks. UNC has better looking chicks. It's a good all around liberal arts school-a great value in education. Clemson seems to have aligned itself well with the automotive industry as you have reported. I don't know much about USC, but I don't like the fact that they are proud of their mascot name "cocks". How about Georgia Tech? They are supposed to be the MIT of the south, which migh explain why they got manhandled by UConn.

Guest comeandzpa

Well I can't say we have any sort of automotive program, but I know that the University of Pittsburgh (and I also realize thats not in the south, but it's been nice out like 8 times this year!) has one of the top-rated engineering programs in the country...