HybridZ

Aftermarket replacement panels

smokeshow

About a year ago I used front fenders from Victoria British with mixed results. In shipping I would expect a nick here and there but that really wasnt my gripe with the fenders. They needed alot of work to fit correctly. More than the usual shims. Would strongly suggest a fairly good used pair over these cheap reproductions. YMMV. Chuck

http://www.midwestz.com/Z_Body_Panels.htm These may be of better quality.

I bought a front fender lower replacement piece from VB a few weeks back. The contour seemed just fine, but there's no bolt holes and the edges need about .5" trimmed off. I probaby wouldn't buy any large or complex pieces, but the small stuff should be okay.

• 2 weeks later...
Tim' date='

Did you get your rockers from VB? I was just getting ready to order some.[/quote']

Yes. They did need a little trimming, but rather too much material than too little!! Nice thick gauge (thicker than the originals for sure!!)

I got the rocker panels, front dog leg of the qtrs., and the rear lower quarters. All fit well except I had to modify the lower rear qtrs to fit my 280. One other strange thing was that the right side seemed to have hammer marks in it???? Don't know why on something that is pressed, I can see wrinkles but hammer marks? Anyway, these were from VB and aside fromt the qtrs. which arent that bad there patch panels are very nice and there service is too.

John

Charlie @ Zedd Findings is a great bloke. But before I discovered him, I got my rear doglegs from MSA. They sat in the shed for about a year before use & there wasn't a spec of rust on them. A recommended high quality part.