HybridZ

Wondering what my next upgrades should be SUGGESTIONS

Guest ZmeFly

Guest ZmeFly

Well income money is coming soon and I want to do sooooooo many things but only have enough for a few.

The things I will get or upgrade are the 60mm tb, going with pallnets fuel rail and larger injectors, via the 370cc swap with an aeromotive AFPR.

The thing Im wondering if I should do next is upgrade the turbo or upgrade the ic.

I currently have a Porsche 944 ic and I must say that it has really impressed me. Even in the dead of summer this thing keeps my intake pipes nice and cool.

I purchased it used from a Porsche shop in the area, the owner said that the 944 ic will flow enough air to support 400+ hp. Not that I doubt him, or my ic but I was wondering if I should go with a Spearco now or new turbo now.

I was also thinking that maybe I should go with an electronics upgrade too. Being that I am still on the stock set up. I have just over 1k to spend, maybe that should be spent on electonics or turbo or ic or?

What are your opinions. If you look at my page you can see what I currently have.

Thanks for any and all input.

You already have a pretty decent bar and plate intercooler (more efficient)with 2.25 mandrel bent piping (good for 350 HP). I seriously doubt that you would notice any difference switching to a "better" intercooler. I can tell you that if you get a better turbo, you will certainly notice the difference. I went with the T3T4 B which is a little smaller the the E trim, does not need an adapter to bolt on and still flows much much better than stock (very noticeable on the top end) with no real difference in lag. I don't think I would change the intercooler unless you are going over 350 HP, until then there are better places to put your money. Now if you had a starion intercooler, it would be another story.

So my vote is for more efficient boost (newer and bigger turbo) and more fuel (370cc injectors....). Oh and don't forget to start saving up another $1000 :wink:

Guest ZmeFly

Hmm thats something I didnt think of, I have the exhaust done, just not the downpipe.

That could be another thing to expand on.

Keep the idea's coming :wink:

Guest znow white

how about porting the intake also part of runners and 240sx TB to go with the 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust. let the monster breath :twisted: faster air coming in and out and will help with throttle response its a fairly cheap mod (the TB) mostly do it yourself also might help the restriction from IC pipes.... my .02