HybridZ

Considering Chevy or Ford trucks...opinions?

JMortensen

Oh yeah I punched it! :D:twisted::shock: Getting on the freeway I floored it from about 25-80 mph. Holy crap that thing is fast! I thought the Chevy was fast, but that Nissan, Jesus!!! I don't know that I need that kinda power for everyday, but it might help when towing. I liked the 5 speed auto too. Very smooth, and always in the right gear at least on the test drive.

The best part about the Titan IMO, no body roll. I mean none... felt almost like a gigantic sports car. Nice firm suspension too. Not all floaty feeling. Floaty makes my wife carsick.

I'm going to see what kind of deal I can get, but they didn't seem too enthusiastic about getting a better APR for me. I still think the Chevy might be a little nicer as a daily, just because it doesn't have 400 buttons and switches on the stalks coming off the column and it is a little easier to control the gas pedal, although I'm sure my wife would figure that part out in fairly short order.

Thanks for the input Chris, even if you made my decision harder :wink: . I would probably never have driven the Titan without your suggesting it, but the price is a heck of a lot closer than I thought it would be.

Jon

Well, the deal is done! :D

The wife and I figured out payments on the Titan per month. Went back to the GMC dealer to see what we could do with the same payment.

Needless to say we did a little better! :D:D:D GMC 1500 4x4 ZR1 Extra cab with the tow package, 5.3L, 3.73's, push button 4wd, OnStar, all the goodies except power seats, the blinkers in the mirrors and leather (which we didn't want anyway) and our payment is about $30 cheaper than the 2wd Nissan!

Very happy now, going for a long drive...

Jon

Guest Chris240turbo

Sounds like a great truck, Jon, good luck with it! I was never really into trucks until a few weeks ago, when I bought my Titan, now when my wife wants to swap for her 2004 sentra SE-R spec -V, i'm kinda bummed out!