HybridZ

My Z is dead.

philiow313

I totalled my Z on Sunday.

Driving on some winding backroads with my Subaru club. Roads were a tad damp from rain earlier.

Came to a turn no more than 4 miles from the end of our route. It was a downhill, sweeping righthander. Turned the wheel, and the car didn't turn ANY.

Went straight off the road at about 50mph, went over a ditch and hit the embankment. Brakes locked up on me, and being wet I had no time to pump the brakes as almost instantly I hit.

Car is a total loss. I figure I just hydroplaned, seeing as how I'd just replaced all the steering components below the steering box. My tire tread wasn't more than 10% more than illegal levels.

I have a 1980 280ZX 5speed that needs to be parted out. Being 18, I couldn't afford insurance to my car, so I only had liability and property damage. If you need parts, please let me know, and how much your willing to pay.

I'll have pics of the damage tonight. I'm so glad to have my life and my passenger's life still. He and I are very thankful. The Z is quite the strong car.

here are some pics

backyard.jpg

sitting in my backyard, its resting place for the next few months.

frontabove.jpg

frontleftabove.jpg

lowerfront.jpg

rightfront.jpg

side.jpg

motor.jpg

its stock other than a catless 2.5"catback exhaust, bosch platinum plugs, taylor plug wires, axxis brake pads, goodridge front SS lines (i have rear lines but they didnt fit on my years setup), energy suspension front sway bar end links*red*, and energy suspension tension rod bushings*black*

i did put in 2 pioneer 3-way 6x9's behind the driver and passenger seats just about a month ago. it does have two aftermarket headlights, which do still work, but im not sure what brand. they are very bright though.

the interior is tan, with leather seats, which have some slight cracking but no tears. the dash is brown, and PERFECT. Larry, COZY Z COLE, can attest to that. pictures can be taken for anyone interested. the door panels are a bit dirty on the top sides, but also nearly flawless.