HybridZ

3.36 rear gears

Guest plainswolf

Guest plainswolf

does anyone have the web address to a nissan site that sells the 3.36 gear set for the R200?

I've searched the web like hell and cant come up with any source..

Guest plainswolf

I'm thinking that is also the way Im going to go at first also.. So I will be in the market for a good R200 rear end with 3.54 and hopefully it will have the regular Ujoint halfshafts with it... But eventually I would like to upgrade to the 280zxt CV's or the later 300zxt Cv's.

I seriously need a hybridZ rear end options for dummies!!.. lol

because after many months of perusing the threads pertaining to it all I still end up confused from the information overload and endless amount of combinations and options..

I hear this rear end will work, but not with those or these halfshafts or Cv's...etc... it becomes quite confusing..

I know where a couple of junked out ZX's are around here but not sure if those have an R200 and not sure that if they do, that they will work in my old late model 260?... so Im going to try to source a good old regular Z series r200 with the halfshafts.. I suppose the rear end subject is the only one that confuses me somewhat. But I am learning..

Guest plainswolf

DAM!.. go figure my luck, someone up there likes me lately--.... if I have an R200 out of a 1979 280ZX 2+2 MT thats 3.36, can I use that to swap into my old late 74 260?? please tell me yes! And if so, will that also work with the 280ZXT halfshafts, --and adapters from MMS?

Guess I should have checked around first.. ~smiling huge~