HybridZ

wheel weight

I've got one here in my office that has no hardware or v-stem I'll weigh,........using just a bathroom scale it reads 12.5 lbs ! Now thats a few pounds less than the Datsun wheel site said,so at least you have an idea........and to any one interested I have a polished set I'll sell for 350.00$ with caps!

hope that helps..........Vince

Guest bastaad525

wow... I have the heaviest of the ZX rims.... would it be worth switching over to the 6 point or turbo factory rims to drop the 4-5lbs? would it have any noticeable effect?

Just to give you an idea Bastaad, when I first got on the slicks I traded my very heavy Shelby 15x7 mesh wheels to a friend and took her 6 spoke ZX rims. I warned her repeatedly that the Shelby wheels were heavy, but kept saying she had to have 15's.

Put them on her car and she drove home to LA from San Luis Obispo, where I lived. First thing she does when she gets home is calls me up and says "Something doesn't feel right. The car feels slower and the brakes don't work like they used to." I told her to get used to it, because she now had 40 lbs more unsprung weight, maybe a tad more.

You CAN feel it.

Jon