HybridZ

Convert Z to run on Hybrid Fuel CNG

Pdfflyer

Anyone considering converting a Z engine to run on a Hybrid Fuel such as Compressed Natural Gas (CNG). I'm thinking along those lines, maybe using a nitrous oxide system sized to run only CNG and ease the cost of my daily commute. I'm reading on the CNG websites where CNG likes 12 to 1 compression. Paul

You could do it, but you would have to find a shop that would have the parts for the job. Also there arent very many places where you can fill it up. I remember seeing this on Auto Motor and Sport (from Britian), they installed a new fuel tank in the spare tire compartment and re-did the fuel system. Anything is possible with money :)

There is a natural gas connection at home in most US Homes for home heating. Of course, you have to buy/build a small compressor and another fuel tank. Over 8 hours you can charge the tank to a low psi reading, dis-connect in the morning and drive about 80 -100 miles. Re-fuel when you get home, and/or depend on the original FI / gas equipment.