HybridZ

Fabrication Topics

SHO-Z

I have seen a lot of general fabrication topics spread though out the forums, how to weld SS and etc. It might be and idea to add a new index for general fabrication questions. It could reduce the time looking for help on fabrication questions that pertain to several indexes.

Good idea, we have experts in nearly every field of fabrication here on this board. With a little organization we could save people on here a lot of time and money by spreading the knowledge around a bit.

Mike

Guest 305240

I have to agree with ya'll. A fab forum would be super. Even an exchange of ideas of what works and what doesn't. One person could come up with an idea and others could put their input in. When my buddy and I formed a clasic chevy club, we cut up a 56 4 door chevy just to get the califirnia frame. That frame was used to try out ideas. Out of it come a bolt on power rack and pinion steering setup, bolt on disc brakes, camaro rear, ect. Two or more heads are always better than one.

I think we would need to take care not to have overlapping topics, steering racks, brakes, etc. we already have forums for these and the general consensus is, there are too many forums...

In the meantime, maybe you can start a post as,

"FABR-fiberglass hood sources" etc etc.

FABR=FABRICATION, use whatever you want.

BTW, anything I have posted on fiberglass or sheetmetal is in the paint and body section.

Owen