HybridZ

I drove an SRT-10 Ram today!!!!!!!!!!!

80LS1T

Yeah I got to drive the fastest production truck ever made today...the Dodge Ram SRT-10, "Viper Powered" truck!!!!!!!! :D:twisted:

It was in for a recal and for new clutch set up since it was burned up after 500 miles! :shock: We figure the sales men burned up the clutch when it was sitting in the lot waiting to be sold. Those god damn salesmen have absolutly no respect for anything! They take everything out an beat on it! The SRT-10 Ram is a very limited production truck and Dodge isnt sure if they will make any more. So far 2004 is the only year they are planning for. The truck will do 154.X miles per hour with a 8.3 Liter V10 Viper engine. I think its the 500HP/500TQ package but Im not sure on that.

To work on a Viper you have to have a "Viper training certificate", otherwise Dodge will not pay for the work that was done. So after the guy who did the recal and installed the new clutch set up was done with it, he asked me if I wanted to drive it! I was like "yeah right you must be kidding!" I was begging him all week to drive it, but I never thought he would actually let me! :shock: So he says sure but be careful and just take it for a drive to make sure it shifts alright...oh and "the truck is on empty so dont go too far" So I go down the road about 2 miles and make a left hand turn, thats when the truck died! :lol: Yeah it ran out of gas just as I got threw the intersection. I could not believe it. So there I sat with a $54,000 truck and no cellphone to call back with. So I put my hazards on and tried to think of what to do. Then so "chick" in a Neon pulls up behind me and I go ask her if she as a cell phone....nope but she said she would give me a ride back to my dealership. So I told her that Im going to get it out of the main road and then she can take me back. So I push this truck by myself about 50 yards off the main road! :shock: Yeah pushing a truck 50 yards by yourself it god damn tiring! LOL So she takes me back and the I drive back with another guy and we put about 2 gallons of gas in the truck and it fires right up! So on the way back I got on a nice long straight away and I got on it a little and man-o-man does that truck haul some serious a$$!!!!!!!! I tell you what, if you ever see one of these on the high way think twice about racing it! You just might loose your a$$ LOL :twisted::shock: It was raining today so I couldnt see how quick it was off the start but I can tell you for sure that its fast as all hell on the highway! LOL :D I only got it up to about 80mph though(in a 55 :oops: )

Man I hope I get to drive a Viper next and on a sunney hot day when the roads are extra dry! :twisted::D

Guy

Stock Vs. Stock........yes. If the Lightning up'ed the boost it would probably win but I think the SRT-10 has got it beat in stock form. Im not sure on the performance #'s of the Lightning though?

Guy

I saw one at the drag strip last weekend. It was a pretty impressive machine but the driver sucked. He rolled thourgh the water box and never spun them. He ended up launching sideways. He ran a few mid 14's. If only I had that truck...

Yeah I doubt those 22" will help in the traction department but it does have factory traction bars on the leaf springs and it has a shock mounted on the diff, kind of like a torque tube.

Another cool thing it has is brake cooling ducts routed to the front rotors! I thought that was pretty impressive for a truck. 8)

Guy