HybridZ

Will the Z gods ever forgive me???

Poundz9oh9

Damn, I knew that was coming up soon.!!!

Well, I was gonna hord the information and keep it all to myself, but then again, isn't this site made for information exchange? Kinda would defeat the purpose of HybridZ huh? Once you know what kind of scoop it is they're pretty easy to find. The only problem was finding one with the "right" lines. Alot of the aftermarket companies that carry an "SS" style scoop, either A) make it from rubber or plastic and B) don't quite capture the look like they should. I finally found this one here http://neugenmotorsports.com/ (Warning!!! Lots-o-rice there) . I gave it the once over and knew it was what I was looking for. It also provides a good base to bond to the hood. I should point out though, that the body shop warned me of it cracking or possibly showing shadows. But when I checked on the car and it was being sanded after the mounting process, I don't really think there is going to be an issue. They did a great job on mounting it, blending it in and painting it, other than leaning on the car and putting imprints in the soft paint from their pants. But, I can take care of that with a little cold water, some 600 grit and some wax in no time. Once it dries enough anyway.

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Marcus, I agree with you. You should have told me to buzz off, Not. Just kidding, I figured I would be the first and be the bad guy for all the rest who were bowing down to you for having such a great looking hood. I know many others were asking in their heads damn where did he find that one I have not been able to find just the right one.

Anyway I appreciate it, I was looking for a diffrent look for the hood I am putting on my 240. I will be using a fiberglass one though. I might even lay a carbon fiber weave and bond it to the scoop and then bond it to the fiberglass..

Thanks again

Jeff

Markus, I really like your hood scoop man! That silver looks so clean, like I could eat it or something strange like that. Keep me away from the car, I'm just not safe...

Seriously, that is about the best scoop I have seen for the car that completely nixxes the original bulge. You got the 'look' just right, like it was actually meant to be that way. :2thumbs:

Davy

• 5 weeks later...

Actually, it's a variation of a hood on a 1970 race car that my dad drove and I do. It was a design by NASA and first used on the factory AAR 'Cuda Trans-Am car. Of course, there have been several variations since then.

http://datsun510.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=3093&ppuser=49&thumb=1

Marcus, that is very cool. I'd do it on my car!!

Wow, somebody decided to breathe s'more life into the thread :D . Well, Gary the engines here and will go to pick it up in the morning. There will be TONS more pics added when this swap thingy is done :rockon::rockon: . Well, in progress pics too!! I do need to find a dyno machine before I pull the L24 just to see exactly what it's got (definately not stock). For a future reference for a sale or maybe find another Z for it (have my eye on one already). Anyway, whoever reads this should check this too.....

http://hybridz.org/nuke/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=34470

I desperately need some advice on that. I'd like to have "all systems go" before I tear it all apart.

Thanks again for the compliments guys!!