HybridZ

Side mirrors, What do you all have?

The MSA kit that used a bracket to mount to the window frame used a mid-late 80's Sentra mirror. I sketched up the bracket years ago but have never done anything with it. I think the kit, including new mirrors, was about $130 when I bought it. I would think someone could scrounge the mirrors from a salvage yard and make the plates themselves for about $50-60?

The kits are now being offered for 100$. I was looking at the Tercel type mirrors cause Pete who posted his how to do it on his website used them. His were the stock mirrors though. I just thought they looked cool and would fit. I might just get the msa ones though.

Thanks

I'm using the aluminum mirrors from a mid 80's Camaro. The base needed about two minutes of contouring with a grinding wheel, but they look super sharp.

I can't claim credit for the idea, though. Hot Rod did it first fifteen years ago. What they didn't do, though, was put LED turn arrows behind the mirror glass. That was MY idea! I'll try to post pictures, if I can find where I put them...

Scott

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shodog

I using billet specialities arms and mirrors for streetrods. i can e-mail you pics. I have to figure out how to get them from my kodak stuff to the desktop to load.[/img]