HybridZ

about rb25 engine conversion

Guest cs14silvia

Guest cs14silvia

Hi there

sorry about my ignorance if this has come up.

I am just wondering what are the components I need for a RB25DET conversion?

I have the loom, ECU, engine,gbox but I believe the fuel pump and rails have to be replaced as well. What other components are there ?

To do this conversion, the engine mount and trasmission crossmember need to be fabricated right?, Do you have the dimensions for those? like how far back/forward should the engine sit in the bay to get right shifter position? if you have the fabrication specification that will be exellent.

Thank you very much

I am looking into doing an RB25det conversion right now. Hopefully i will be able to pull togehter enough money. I have been searching around on this site and havent found alot of info. Found alot on the rb26dett swap. But not too much on the rb25

Form what i gather you need to do custom motor mounts to sit the engine low in the ebay so the hood will clear the intake manifold. Im thinking possibly Brad D's mounts will work, but havent found any info on them.

Im curious as to weather the stock rb25 oil pan will work. I think though that the fairlady z31 oil pickup and pan are required. But im not sure sombody lemme know.

All in all though this looks to be a promisng swap. Im hoping i can pull it off for rather cheap. I can get a r33 front clip for 3 grand which should include most of what i need heres what ive put together:

rb25 front clip: 3,000

tranny mount: 100

motors mouts: 100

oil pan/ pickup: 500

cutom exhaust: 500

intercooler and plumbing: 600

this is assuming you already have the car setup for EFI and the suspension/brakes etc etc are alreayd built and up to the task.

-Austin

Guest cs14silvia

I have this RB25DET NEO from R34 GTT with 6 speed gbox and T28 ball bearing turbo. looms intercooler piping are all there but the mount is what got me. The oil sump collides with steering rack, you have to custom make one or use dry sump. i found out that z31 is using RB20 so maybe the mount can be used on s130. I am not sure what is Brad D's mount since I am pretty far away from USA.

Anyway a fren of my suggested me using dry sump, and I wonder how it can be done and the side effect of using dry sump. now I am sourcing a SR20DET to see if that is a better solution for this conversion since its alota smaller, lighter and i am more familiar with SRs.

well we got alota rb25 or 26 even 30 with 26head and twin turbos down here. but go-fast bit stuffs for RB is way mroe expensive than SR, might just get s15 silvia sr20 with 6 speed.

APPEARANTLY I HAVE SEARCHED THIS SITE FOR INFO ON THE CONVERSION BUT NONE OF THEM HAVE GOT THE DIMENSIONS FOR XROSSMEMBER AND ENGINE MOUNT NOR SUMP SPECIFICATION.

by the way anyone done SR here?!!

• 1 month later...

The owner of Alt Z in Huntington beach has dropped an Rb25det in his 240 and made motor mounts for it. I went by and saw it as I pondered the same swap. Call him up if you're serious and he may be able to give you a few tips. 240 hoke you're right. Lots of RB26 info but not much 25. I guess most people aren't much in favor of the rb25 motor.

You will need an RB26 style intake or your sump will be so low that it will get grounded on speed bumps, you will also need the 200SX(?) mounts from the RB20 engined 300ZX. also may find trouble with the 6 speed but not to sure on that one. Visit http://www.Skylinesdownunder.co.nz in the forums there and look for a person called GTR shop, he may be able to help you with the mounts and intake!

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...