HybridZ

HELP!!!!

Gollum

Well, i went to smog today... DIDN'T PASS

I was pretty upset. The guy said that he thinks the cat is fine and he thinkg is's the mass air meter/rugulator. I can't remeber what exactlly he called it. He said that i barelly failed, wich is why he thinks my cat is fine. He suggested that the stock mass air regulator might still be good, but over time the spring can loose tension and needs to be adjusted.

ANYONE who can help PLEASE! I need to pass to get the registration over to my name. I HATE CALIFORNIA.... Although the weather is nice....

Several quick ways to pass smog...

1: Use lowest octane fuel possible! I mean it! just run your tank down to near dry and put a few gallons of low grade in it, it will run cleaner. I do smog exams all the time, #1 reason I see people fail is they think premium runs cleaner, it doesn't entirely opposite, lower octane=faster burn.

2: There are additives you can use to help you pass as well, check a parts store near you.

I failed the CO %. Max is supposed to be 1.35 at 15 MPH and max 1.15 at 25 MPH and i was at 1.71 and 1.72. The "average" is .20 & .17... i question those averages.

I'll have to try the fuel thing, but i won't just run again, i need to be sure i'll pass. It's expensive.

If you failed CO you're running too rich.

As a general rule you can follow what I list below.

CO = Too rich. Or dirty airfilter on carb'd applications.

HC = Missfire or WAY too rich.

NOx = Too lean or too much carbon buildup as this will raise compression and make cylinder hotter.

CO2 = Trick question :) this is what you want!

• 4 weeks later...