HybridZ

How much can i get for my turbo stuff??

OK,

I just got to thinking today, and ive been doing alot of research. I'm *thinking* about doing an rb25det install this summer. i dont want to be a sellout :roll: , and I would feel kinda bad selling all my stuff, but the skyline engine is tempting and i can get a clip for about 3K.

How much do you guys think I could get for my setup if i follow through with this?? I would be willing to sell everything or part it out. Here's what i got:

l28et block, p90head: everything is rebuilt, although i think cylinder 5 may have a burnt ring or somthing, it's 20 psi low.

euro pulley

t3/t4 stg 5 turbo

dual port wastegate actuator

n42 shaved intake black wrinkle powdercoated

ZCC fuel rail

370cc SVO fuel injectors

60mm 240sx TB

JSK Tb spacer

NPR I/C

All I/C plumbing ceramic coated

Vortec BOV

SDS EM4-6f (full standalone fuel/spark -- distributorless igntion ect.)

full 3" exhaust

above setup put out 245hp and 305ft.lbs at 11 psi.

Hopefully i can pull in 3-4K from my summer job. I was wanting to get a motorcycle, but my parents wont let me so i figure i gotta find another way to kill myself and what better way then a rb swap!?!

I would be trying to pull the swap off with money i earn over the summer plus what i can get for my stuff. Which being 17, is going to be hard so if i cant get a good deal for my stuff i guess the project is over. BUt bust my bubble and lemme know what you think i could get for everything.

-Austin

Like i said im not positive that im going to do this and it will be a couple months before i have the money to start but..

If i go rb i think that i will use the stock electronics. The newer rb25's put out 280hp stock and the factory wiring will take it quite far.... My sds is the nicest one you can buy. I paid around 1800 for it new. If i sold the SDS seperatly more then likely i would want to sell the euro pulley and hall sensor mount with it. This would be an almost plug and play thing. I would guess 1200-1300 for the entire SDS setup?? i dunno

I dont have a "downpipe" Its all part of the exhaust, but coming off the turbo is 2 45 degree stainless bends that go to 3" aluminized piping. This exhuast is setup to work with the turbo on he motor witch has the ford 3 bolt wastgate housing...

-Austin

Here's my estimates. I may be off but i'll take a shot...

l28et block, p90head - depends on what's wrong with #5. $2-300 for the P90

euro pulley - I'd sell with the sds

t3/t4 stg 5 turbo - free

dual port wastegate actuator - unsure

n42 shaved intake black wrinkle powdercoated - $150

ZCC fuel rail - $100-$150

370cc SVO fuel injectors - $100-$150

60mm 240sx TB - $60

JSK Tb spacer - Not sure what JSK sells his for? $100

NPR I/C - $150-$225 depending on size

All I/C plumbing ceramic coated - $150-200

Vortec BOV - unsure

SDS EM4-6f - $12-1300

full 3" exhaust - $400 since it includes downpipe

Just roundabout figures. I may be way off but, just some thoughts. Oh, and BTW, I'm interested in your T3/T4 if you do decide to break it up and sell it. Could ya tell? :roll::D Good luck with either decision you make.

Hey David K,

send me a check and its yours :wink:

i can have it out of the car this weekend.

Right now its looking like I am going to be parting out the engine. IF somebody doesnt jump on it, just simply becuase it would be easier for me to ship everything and that way anybody could buy it. Ill let you guys know.

Anybody think im making a mistake doing this?

-Austin

If I remember right, you said your turbo was a TO4b H3/ T3 .82. I think if you do some more tuning and maybe get some forged pistons and balance the whole thing while your engine is apart to fix the low comp, you might be money ahead. Also with a turbine A/R like that, you my not be able to take full advantage of the upper end of that turbo, without changing the cam and porting the head. You have a bunch of good parts to work with already, especially the SDS which you may have to use on the RB. If you get the RB, you probably will pay the $3000 for that and I'm guessing another $3000 to get it in the car and running. With that kind of money, you could push the setup you have to 400hp with proper tuning and the afore mentioned parts.

400hp in an RB and 400hp in an L28 is still 400hp!

I'm guessing also with the money you save, you could get a Spearco intercooler, also. Just my 2c :wink:

Aaron