HybridZ

J.C. Whitney no more Cowl induction hoods.

Hey guys, new member here.

Did any of you happen to catch a price on one of those hoods? Any idea how good the quaility is? I bought a hood from Unlimited Products years ago for another car and the fittment wasn't the best.

when I bought mine from JC whitney around 3 years ago, it was around $400 + ~$80 for shipping. quality, packaging for shipment (really the best packed hood i've ever seen), fitment, etc, were excellent. i have absolutely no complaints with this hood and that's why i want them for my next 2 projects.

i called Legendary Cars just now and they apparently had a fire in their warehouse and had told JC Whitney that the hood was no longer available. the guy i spoke to says they still make this hood. the molds were not damaged for z's as they originally thought. the hood goes for $375 direct from Legendary cars. this is definitely a better price than JC Whitney.. i think last time i saw it in their catalog it was $475.

i called Legendary Cars just now and they apparently had a fire in their warehouse and had told JC Whitney that the hood was no longer available. the guy i spoke to says they still make this hood. the molds were not damaged for z's as they originally thought. the hood goes for $375 direct from Legendary cars. this is definitely a better price than JC Whitney.. i think last time i saw it in their catalog it was $475.

Good to know, thanks for the update!!

arizonazcar.com is stocking a ton of racing and custom fiberglass parts again such as hatches ' date=' doors , hoods, fenders, G-nose etc.

PLease take a look at http://www.arizonazcar.com/body.html

Cowl induction hood $329

Dave[/quote']

That may be, but your website info is quite prohibited for most of us. Sorry no way I can drive to Arizona to pick up a hatch or a few other parts.

SHIPPING WILL BE AVAILABLE ONLY ON THOSE PARTS SMALL ENOUGH TO GO UPS

ALL OTHER FIBERGLASS PARTS MUST BE PICKED UP HERE IN MESA,AZ (JUST EAST OF PHOENIX

arizonazcar.com is stocking a ton of racing and custom fiberglass parts again such as hatches ' date=' doors , hoods, fenders, G-nose etc.

PLease take a look at http://www.arizonazcar.com/body.html

Cowl induction hood $329

Dave[/quote']

Dave, do you still have a (I think it was..) $1000.00 min order on fiberglass parts?

yeah whats up with that?

I emailed Dave and informed him I would like to buy a cowl hood. I stated that I just received one sent UPS for $140.

Would he sell me one and how much?

He sends a reply:

$329 for the 2" cowl hood.

Dave

:?: I don't get it? :?: does he mean $329 to my door? I dont think so...

What ever.....

From what I have read I don't think I want to risk the hassle...

• 1 month later...

Has anyone bought a hood direct from Legendary Cars Inc.? If yes, was the price $375 and how much was the shipping? Did it arrive in good shape? How was the quality and fit & finish? I test fit my stock hood and found that it will not quite close before it was on the air cleaner. I'm using one of those small triangle edelbrock air cleaners so a smaller air cleaner is not an option. I have a 78 hood so I have limited options with my current setup.

Thanks,

Rusty

the hood that i have on my car was bought from jc whitney, but is made and shipped directly by Legendary Cars. jc whitney does not keep these in their warehouses, which is why you have to pay the shipping at time of delivery. the fitment, packaging, etc are all very good. i cannot stress enough how well they package these hoods.

when i placed the call mentioned above, the Legendary Cars rep. reported that the price was $375 direct from them + shipping. shipping should be on the order of ~$75 to atlanta. one might assume you could pay the shipping in advance, though, if ordering from legendary cars directly.

Thanks Ryan,

I just got off the phone with Larry and ordered the hood. The process was quick & easy. Hood $375, packing $29, shipping to Atlanta $75-$95. It will ship in 3-4 weeks. Hope mine looks as good as yours! I'll post an update when the hood arrives.

Anyone interested they will make your hood when payment is recieved and ship to where you live freight collect.