HybridZ

supra intercooler q's

z-REX

hey guys...

the time has come to put in the intercooler that came with my car. it's a supra tt i/c, what i was wondering was has anyone on here ever used one? i'm wondering if it's better to run all the piping on the driver's side or loop it around the front of the engine? the biggest obstacle to coming across is the fan/shroud... i have an electric fan to install but the cooling system i have now is doing a great job keeping the car cool and i don't know if i want to mess with that. but then again... if the electric fan could result in a little more power from not forcing the engine to spin a fan... :twisted:

thoughts? suggestions?

As requested! The pic was the best shot I could get, the Z(X) hoods make it great to work on the car, but a pain if you want to take pictures at certain angles, this is the classic example.

Anyway you can see on Afshin's set-up the inlet piping comes from the left side and returns between the radiator and head back to the TB.

Sweet Set-up!

54101113.jpg

Regards - Yasin

for anyone who doesn't know yet, yasin's the man... :cheers:

afshin also pm'ed me and after hearing about his setup and looking at juan (jsk)'s car tonight, i think that's the way i'm setting mine up too. it just seems to me that air would flow so much better without the restriction from all the bends.

and now that i'm starting to sell off my pile of parts, (yeah, the ones i keep forgetting to post here... :bonk: ) i can actually do it. thanks for all the help!!!...bob