HybridZ

JCI LS1 Kit Paint

John and I have exchanged a few emails on this subject today. He is willing to powder coat (black) all future units - just ask that he do it when you order. For those of you that have kits already and have a lot of chipping - contact him. He is willing to exchange parts if you desire.

John and I have exchanged a few emails on this subject today. He is willing to powder coat (black) all future units - just ask that he do it when you order. For those of you that have kits already and have a lot of chipping - contact him. He is willing to exchange parts if you desire.

Phantom,

:roll: I think alot of the problem is with the way the parts are shipped. My parts were basically tossed in a box with a little newspaper for padding. This included my $200 fuel pump that was rattling around in there with the rest of the parts. :cry: The box was sealed with a single piece of tape. When I received my parts, the tape had let loose on the box so it was totally open on the top, so I wasn't sure if everything was there. I believe some other people posted that their boxes were open as well when received.

Don't get me wrong. I am very happy with the quality of the parts that I received. :-D I think they are first rate. I just think John needs to have a talk with whoever is packing and shipping the parts. It might save a lot of headaches on both sides. My 2 cents.

I think alot of the problem is with the way the parts are shipped. My parts were basically tossed in a box with a little newspaper for padding. This included my $200 fuel pump that was rattling around in there with the rest of the parts. :cry: The box was sealed with a single piece of tape. When I received my parts, the tape had let loose on the box so it was totally open on the top, so I wasn't sure if everything was there. I believe some other people posted that their boxes were open as well when received.

Don't get me wrong. I am very happy with the quality of the parts that I received. :-D I think they are first rate. I just think John needs to have a talk with whoever is packing and shipping the parts. It might save a lot of headaches on both sides. My 2 cents.

I tend to agree. My parts were also just thrown into the box with some newspaper on top to fill the gaps. The driveshaft sloshed around until it punctured a hole in the box as did the side of the trans. crossmember. The box was too flimsy for such heavy parts and should be a heavy duty cardboard. I know that the LS1 Z stuff is not his primary business but I think the demand will grow as we get these cars on the road.

As I said before the quality and design of the parts are first class. They should be protected with better packaging materials. I would have gladly waited a few more days to receive them if he needed more time to get them properly packed.