HybridZ

Dyno Results, Comments and Suggestions Welcome

z-ya

I agree with air flow being the most likely culprit. 2.5" exhaust is inadequate for higher boost and any T3/T4.

Also, I'm assuming your K&N filter is a pod and not in the original air box which is too restrictive.

Another thing is that many many many boost gauges are slightly inaccurate, so you may actually be running closer to 10psi and not know it. 2.25" IC pipe is easilly good for 350hp, so you are fine there. Lastly is the spearco intercooler sized for the 2.8l or is it from a 1.6 l civic...

I took my car to the dyno last week and also was not to happy with the results. If you consider that my boost was hitting 16 psi I think we are running close to the same power. I screwed with my timing trying it at 18,21,24,27 but it was the best at 20deg. I did not watch the timing during the pull, wish I had. I can't get my timing to stay set at 20, I set it and the next day its all f'd up. I don't know why but when I figure it out I'm going back and I'll check for retard under boost. I don't know how it will retard though cause I don't have a boost sensor that is connected to my ecu. Upper right corner is the best 1/8 mile time I could do, by the time I got to the track(same day as dino) My timing was off 2deg. Anyways check it out

dino%201.jpg

ps I know you can't see my dyno right now I'm working on it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Peyman88zxt

On a VG30 3" exhaust, even on a stock T3 at 10psi, makes a world of difference on the top end. You should definitly try that out. If you don't want to shell out the cash, take off the downpipe and compare the seat of the pants difference on the high end. Also keep an eye on your boost gauge and check to see if your boost slowly falls as run through the rpm band. Old and tired wastegate actuators tend to slip a few a psi as you run up the rpm band and kill your HP number.