HybridZ

Talk about a crappy day...........

80LS1T

This was my day....

Ok first I get to work and I find out that my power steering lines are spraying fluid on to the hood when I have it at full crank. No biggie, right? Yeah well those 2 P/S lines are $100 ......at cost!

Then when I left work and stopped at the gas station my car wouldnt start after I filled up. Well the problem was that my 600Amp battery that is in the spare tire well wasnt strong enough to start it for some reason? I started it fine when the engine was cold. I think the starter might be getting heat soak? So then I asked the guy work at the counter for a jump but his tiny little battery in his jeep sure wouldnt start it(500amp). So I call my step dad and he comes down and we jump it with his car.

So I leave and as Im pulling out I notice my brake pedal is dropping to the floor? So I pull into a parking lot and check the brake fluid. Sure enough my front resevoir is almost out of fluid and the rear is still full. So I look under the car for a leak and see that the right rear line is leaking or it is rubbed through. I tried to tighten it but that didnt seem to help. So now I have no brakes and I cant shut my car off because I wont be able to start it!

So take all the back roads home and dont go over 45mph for fear of someone pulling off a side road and cutting me off. So every stop sign I had to down shift and use the parking brake leaver to stop/slow down enough to see that there was no traffic coming from the cross road.

Then when I am about 1/2 way home a C4 Vette pulls out in front of me and drives at about 40mph. He as just begging to race. He took off on me once and then I caught him again at the next stop sign. I knew I couldnt race because I didnt have anything to stop me fast enough in an emergency. So that sucked big time! I really want to race a Vette and this was my golden opportunity but nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

So that was just how crappy of a day I had! I just couldnt win!

Guy

Yeah one of the parts guys at work said the same thing but he said "Automotive Supply" might be able to redo my lines. I am deffinetly going to check into that.

Im affraid to go outside right now for fear of something else going wrong! LOL Its not that bad but the brake line thing kind pissed me off! Those are brand new SS lines! They only have like 2000 miles on them at most! I still have to go jack up the car and see whats going on there so maybe it is just a loose fitting! I can hope right!? :D

Guy

I hear ya man -- hybridz are a headache!

When I first started driving mine on the streets (legally), in the first 50 minutes I had a fuse to my ignition that kept blowing out, so because there was no shoulder I had to stop in the left turning lane and fix the fuse with cars hauling ass inches away from me.

Then just a few days later my slave cylinder decided to quit on me – it was relatively new also. I’ve got so many wiring disasters to look into. Then just last week, when I went to work (I work about 45 minutes away from home) my alternator decides to be an ass. It can barely charge enough juice for ignition and the fans – the radio didn’t have enough, and when I wanted to roll up my windows, I had to rev the engine to 4K just to get enough power to feed the electric motors! Then to top that off, that same day, right as I was stumbling into my home town, I see white smoke rising in front of the passenger seat. I figured it was some sort of electrical short, but when I pulled in my driveway I actually took a good look at it and saw that my heater hose busted and I had a puddle of coolant floating on my passenger floor pan with some legal documents submerged in it. I'm glad I haven't carpeted it yet :shock:

Now, I’m having a cooling problem. New griffin radiator, new water pump, two pushing electric fans, and I’m getting up to about 210 degrees in stop and go traffic. The worst part is that I live in south Texas, and it’s going to be getting a LOT hotter… :evil:

So anyways, yeah, I know how much of a pain these cars are – and I thought I could make mine a reliable daily driver…HAH! I should’ve just kept the turboed 6 that came in it. :roll:

Oh yeah, and, just like you, it seems like my any time I’m NOT able to drive my car, I find all the sports cars. One day when the zx was hospitalized, I drove next to a Crossfire, a C5 Vette, a Porsche 944 and 911, and another zx owner – yes, all in the same day! But the time that I couldn’t drive the zx and I was behind the brand new candy apple red Viper, oh I was pissed! :evil::evil: