HybridZ

welder review info

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=44567

44567.gif

this is the welder my brother-in-law purchased yesterday, at about $130 in my opinion after useing it for a short time, Id say its a good value, as ahobby style welder PROVIDED you only want to do or weld light welding applications like HEADERS,EXHAUST SYSTEMS ETC

its a welder with a wire feed from a spool and it plugs into 110 ac outlets, so its good for hobby welding

ITS NOT ABLE TO DO HEAVY WELD JOBS, EFFICIENTLY.

if your looking to do frames and roll bars ID look elseware fast!

would I buy one?? NO! simply because its too limited in applications it handles, yet if your looking for a dirt cheap welder for exhaust systems its not a bad deal

this is a beter deal really

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=43025

43025.gif

but your NOT looking at the QUALITY of the BETTER BRANDS LIKE MILLER,ETC. HERE EITHER

1985,1992,1996 vettes

keep the rubber side down and the

I used a welder similar to that one my convertible project. I would weld great on minute and would weld like crap the next for no apparent reason, and this was with gas shielding. I was lucky that it was borrowed. I spent more time working on the thing trying to get a good bead than welding.

I have now purchased a quality welder for new projects.

I welded for almost 20 years on piping and should have known that cheap welding machines are a pain to work with.

...It would weld great on minute and would weld like crap the next for no apparent reason...I spent more time working on the thing trying to get a good bead than welding...

I use the same welder, borrowed it as well. I have the same exact experience. Unfortunately it welded like crap a majority of the time. It would lay down a nice beed once in a while and when it was working right I would weld as much as I could. I know set up was not a problem because I am pretty meticulous when it comes to that. I will admit though I am used to gas sheilding and this one is a flux core setup. I have gotten a better feel for it recently and have been able to get better welds out of it more regularly.