HybridZ

Doors not locking? POSSIBLE SOLUTION!

BillZ260

Well, I have been messing with my door locks and window mechanisms trying to make them work 'better'. My driver side door would NOT lock when shut, so I pull the mech and cleaned and lubed it untill it worked in on the bench. So I put every thing back together just as I had pulled it, screw for screw... :) That seems to have been what the problem was. After putting it back together it wouldn't lock! I loosened the 3 screws to see if it was maybe tweeking the plate that the mech was mounted on. One by one I tightened the 3 screws and when the lower inside screw was tightened all the way it was blocking the latch mech! At some point the screws had been swaped, short for long. SO I pull them all out and put the short ones where they need to be and such. NOW IT WORKS GREAT. SO if your doors don't lock (WHEN CLOSED) check the length of all the mounting screws and check to see if they are causing a bind.

Hope this helps someone! :)