HybridZ

Nitrous Purge Cloud Light - awesome

BQR280Z

Just installed a purge cloud light, it looks absolutely awesome. The purge tube exits in the cowl panel and blows a stream about 6' into the air. The ZEX light turns the entire thing blue. I know it is a little "ricey" but I like it. The shock factor is great, especially since the nitrous is 3rd gear and up only. I will try to get some good pictures and post a couple.

Bill

27630073554-R1-036-16A1-thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This pix was shot at 8:30PM - with 800 speed film. The pic doesn't do justice to the shock value' date=' but you get the idea.

Bill[img']http://hybridz.org/nuke/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/12763/normal_Purge%20light.jpg[/img]

Can you tell me which front air dam you have there?? It dosen't resemble anything I've seen before for sale... (could be wrong :D 0

I like the way it blends into the grill area.

thanks

joel

• 1 month later...

The purge did it's thing to a 600 Yamaha rider in Appleton, WI. I think it blew his concentration badly enough I toasted him BAD off the line and held him solidly to 85 MPH - 45 MPH Zone, I backed down then. I wish someone would of had a picture of his Yellow bike and my Yellow Z. Never actually let the motor drink any Nitrous, right about where I shutdown is where I would feed the giggle juice if I was going to keep going.

It was a fun kill.

Bill

27630073554-R1-022-9A-thumb.jpg

I would be glad to' date=' if I knew. It came with the car, with no marks of any kind. After I removed the valance and filled the 5MPH bumper indents I cut it into 4 pieces and reglassed it into what you see. Sorry.

Bill[/quote']

That looks like the Kamei air dam. They were popular in the early '80's, and were originally intended to bolt to the stock valance, rather than replacing it...

Z%20front3-4.jpg

• 1 month later...

I took the Z into town on Thursday, it was a beautiful day in Wisconsin. On the way home I thought I should give the NOS one last run before the winter put away. I armed the system, checked all my interlocks, purged the NOS and took it to 4000 in 3rd, hit the button and the pull was REALLY solid. The exhaust note changed noticably, shifted at 7000 and hit the button again in 4th, pulled to 6500, 5th and on the button and OHOH. My "Baby" bobbled a bit, I got off the NOS and guess what I have a miss. I did a compression test and I hurt holes #2,3 - #2 is at 120, and #3 is at 50. Oh well I have a new cam for it, now I have some motivation to build a new very good head for it. I will post some pix of the damage when I get it apart.

One thing I think must be changed is my fuel delivery, low pressure drop out switch. Currently it is mounted in a triple spigot distribution block, about 22" from the fuel solenoid. The indicator light for the switch was reading adequate pressure but I think the line was empty, so I ran in a NOS only (VERY lean condition) for a few seconds. I think the pressrue switch will be remounted directly to the fuel solenoid.

Also if the system has not been used for a while, a button ON run with the NOS valve off would guarantee fuel at the fogging block.

Z cars are still awesome, and I am kind of happy to have something to think about reworking.

Bill

thumb_0073554-R1-052-24A.jpg