HybridZ

raised boost, but something went south

We raised the boost to 12.5psi and the car was running great. Made many passes, gtech showed that we added around 30hp. Then went home and parked the car for an hour or so. Went back to take another drive and now it only builds between 4 and 7 psi. Looks like the wastegate is stuck open now. The pipings all looks good, don't see any issues with it leaking. It doesn't sound like anything is leaking when it comes on boost so it must be the wastegate I suppose. Its not the boost controller, I disconnected the wastegate signal completey and it still doesn't build over 7psi. More to follow.

Guest bastaad525

*whew* I thought something going south was going to be engine blowing up or something.... :shock: Don't blow it up yet Moby you're everyones 'guinea pig' for MS :D

heh heh, I am trying to blow the turbo up, but I want the engine to hold so I can get a T04E and good intercooler in there.

I found the problem, a knucklehead move. My hood vent was hitting the vacuum line to the BOV when the hood was closed. It put a good kink in it and the BOV was not getting a signal so it was leaking under boost.

So everything is working again, took it for a couple runs tonight.

The car is more impressive now, getting to be real fun to drive. I am still going on the thought that I could blow it up anyday, but I already got my moneys worth out of it.

:rockon:

Oh, you wanna kill a turbo? Just run your rev limiter at about 4500 (pick a number) and have it retard spark to around 1*BTDC.

Then go out an floor it. Watch your boost build without any load on the engine....

Watch the turbine housing start glowing bright red. This includes the downpipe. Soon the radiator will boil over, or the turbine will melt.

I will let you know what mine did when I take it off.....

(That XP changing values thing.....)

Partitioned the Laptop tonight, loaded 98SE, and now have to wait till sometime Thursday to do the test....