HybridZ

What Fuel Pressure Are You Guys Running?

I have an Aeromotive FPR I have only upped the boost to 7psi (for the time being) and with the vacuum line off, how much fuel pressure do you guys recommend?

I figure I am running a little lean as my plugs have a bleached whitish look to them. I need to probably upgrade to one range colder as well.

Thanks and regards - Yasin

Guest De Schmaydee

w/the line off i think its around 40-45....stock... 30-35 w/the hose on... i never had much luck w/colder plugs... you shouldnt have to run 'em at 7psi... i would think is more about the afm,chts or o2 (or timing) if youre running lean....or maybe a component messed up off the vcm... ...s

Hi Yasin,

32 at idle, 37 with vacuum line off (stock FPR), stock NGK plugs, 10 psi for a few years without running lean(stock rebuilt injectors).

Now same fuel pressure and FPR, 370cc injectors, one step cooler NGK plugs, 14 psi and plugs still look great.

If I had an adjustable FPR now (I had a bosch one that went bad real fast) I would try about 36 at idle (with vacuum line connected). I also agree that you do not need colder plugs at 7 psi or even up to 10-12 psi in an intercooled car.

I had the same results as listed above byAfshin. With 7 psi you shouldn't need to do anything at all different than the stock setup. Most (all that I know of) do fine with 10 psi and a stock turbo. I ran 10 psi with a t4-t3 and did not have any proublems here in Dallas. I did have a Peirburg fuel pump on the can aswell. :-D