HybridZ

Another off the wall manifold question

Guest Anonymous

Here is something exotic...ebay item # 1873342735... Twin Dellorto DHLA 45 carbs on a 4bbl manifold.....I would like to have them for my Ferrari 250 GTO kit. There used to be some of this exotic stuff floating around to adapt side draft carbs to v8 s... saw a set of Hilborn injectors for SBC at the Albany Oregon swap meet... the seller was asking a GRAND..... real proud of them. a lot were inquiring but no one buying

Since I have more time than money, I thought I'd see what thoughts you might have about what factors would have to be considered in building a log manifold to put webers on a 350?

trust me bye the time you buy four 48mm webber carbs and build a manifold to fit them youll have about $3000 plus minimum in the set-up "Since I have more time than money" don,t fit there, look if you want something exotic looking a good used mechanical fuel injection set-up (possiably converted to EFI is the way to go. for BOTH POWER AND LOOKS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1872931910

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1873371040

I normally pay $600-$1200 for a setup

I believe Moon is the original manufacturer of a 4x2 Weber manifold for the SBC.

If i remember correctly, it was for sidedrafts and was kind of like a cross-ram.

Rather than Webers - how about TWN Throttle-Bodies? This should be sweet.

If I recall Tull systems did a '55 or '57 Chevy with this setup....

Guest Anonymous

Think I'd have to agree with Grumpy there, price 1 weber by itself and I think you'll discover the same thing.

Check this out though, if you can find a TPI lower manifold, you could make 2 manifolds to adapt side draft webers and then you still have the injector bungs when used with a bushings for nitrous injectors... :D

I wanted to do what I'm refering to and use four 2 bbl throttle bodies for fuel injection.

Just some ideas. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Regards,

Lone

hey your in luck they have a big sale going last time I checked this downdraft was $2999 and the horizontal weber set up was about $5500 look

INGLESE CHEVROLET V8 SYSTEMS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part No. System Description Price

IA1114H S/B, IDF, 44mm Carbs $2,995.00

IA1118H S/B, IDF, 48mm Carbs $3,395.00

IA1018H S/B, IDA, 48mm Carbs $4,495.00

IA1245H S/B, DCOE,45mm Carbs. "Moon" Crossram $4,450.00

IA1245H.jpg

k350.jpg

Includes:

4 x 44 IDF Carbs

Stainless steel braided Fuel Lines

Adjustable linkage

Intake Manifold

2 1/2 Stacks

Comes Assembled

$1995.95

http://www.injector.net/Weber/wildv8.asp

Guest Anonymous

I bought a pair of 44IDF webers for my sand rail last year,and the good guy price for carb only, was $235.00 each.

As far as I know the 48IDA is out of production.I sold a pair of those 6 months ago for 950.00.They were old and beat up when I bought them in 1983.

There is nothing like driving a car that has an intake that is louder than the exhaust.Horrible mileage,but I'd do it again if I had the $$$$. eek2.gif

for those questioning whether these setups can be made to run? the original GRAND SPORT CORVETTES were tested with these and from what Ive read FORD protested the setup as an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE even when the COBRAs were about 500 lbs lighter in weight, Ive worked on them (weber 4x2 setups)and they work almost as well as fuel injection and are much easier to set up than the old constant flow mechanical injection systems plus they still can use differant length ram tubes to tune the torque curve to some degree.

besides they look GOOD UNDER THE HOOD

gwebers.jpg

maybe get crazy and add twin turbos also

mockup1.jpg

hey its only MONEY$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Guest Anonymous

Seeing Weber setups like that makes me salivate like Pablovs dog,and Grumpies right.Webers can be tuned to run on just about anything.I just put a dgev on a Chevy sprint with a 1.0 liter.With a cam and a lightened flywheel,it will lay rubber halfway though 2nd gear. burnout.gif I have the same carb on a L series Datsun with a 2.0.Pretty much all of the syncronuos opening dual throats,IDA,IDF,DCOE,have removable venturis(primary chokes).they all have different sizes available,The 48IDA came with 37mm,but you can get them as big as 46mm.Some road racers remove them completly.They also have removable jet stacks with different emulsion tubes,air correction and main jets available.But the the next thing you know,you have about $1000.in tuning goodies.To change any one jet on 4 webers costs about $40 a round.Every time I sell a pair,I throw in a box of all the different things I tried on that set,just to get rid of it.Its a lot of fun,and educational,but not for the budget minded.