HybridZ

Vortech Supercharger for Carbs???

Guest SagZ

Guest Fast Frog

I doubt that the S/C unit itself would fit tween the engine and strut tower without beating in the fender skirt that houses the strut tower. I went with a Paxton S/C several yrs ago only cause it was the least wide config that would sit off of the side of the engine with minimal hammering of the tower housing. Even then I had to beat the fender in 1" to 1 1/2" to accomodate the S/C. Vortex and Procharger have an even wider config than the Paxton did.

Procharger does have a reverse flow unit that sets more in front of the engine; and with some bracket modification, should fit.

Man I really like the looks of the vortech supercharger. Only deal is no air cleaner? Is that a bad thing or am I just uneducated I dont know much on this subject but Im starting to get really interested really fast. Can someone link me to similar setups or more info on any of the above mentioned setups. Thanks alot guys

Originally posted by ToplessZ:

Man I really like the looks of the vortech supercharger. Only deal is no air cleaner? Is that a bad thing or am I just uneducated I dont know much on this subject but Im starting to get really interested really fast. Can someone link me to similar setups or more info on any of the above mentioned setups. Thanks alot guys

Aif filter is upstream...before the supercharger. I had mine mounted directly to the inlet on the compressor. Maybe pics are still in members rides. Even with the V6 I had to dimple the strut tower. Fastfrog might be on to something with the reverse rotation on a custom mount. I think a few manufacturers are now making in this config. Sure would point the aircleaner, intake side of the compresssor in the right direction for fesh air.

John

Most ALL of the manufacturers are now making reverse rotation blowers. That's the onlyway that cars like the Cobra coould fit a blower! weird.gif The S2K Vortech setup also uses a reverse rotation blower. With so little room width wise you have to stick it in front of the motor facing it and run reverse . I'd suggest going ProCharger though smile.gif

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

A buddy of mine has a procharged carb application on a 350 fit into a '

67 chevy 2. Hydraulic cam, .480 lift, TRW turbo pistons, eagle rods, steel crank, Dart Pro 1 alum. heads, victor jr. Holley 650, electric pump, 1-1 boost referenced regulator, TH350 with a 2500 stall. 10.02@137mph on 10 inch DOT ET streets at 6000 feet elevation with 17psi boost. Car weighs about 3000lb in race trim with driver. Should be a real screamer Z if you could get it to hook.

The procharged motors launch relatively easy provided you don't have alot of stall in the converter and unleash fury at about the 60 foot mark.

David