HybridZ

running rough help

Guest 240Zduz10s

Guest 240Zduz10s

hey guys i have a problem with my 76 280z

it runs kinda rough when idling but when i put it in gear and try to drive it, it feels like one cylinder is not firing kinda like if you left a spark plug wire off.

so i start checking connections and everything seems ok, so i start it up and while its running i start pulling wires from the distributer and like normal when one is disconnected it runs worse then when you reconnect it runs better but two of the wires made no difference in the idle at all. there was still some sparks if i held it close but it didnt make the engine run worse. my first guess is the wires are bad but could it be the distributer? any help would be great thank you

J

If you were able to narrow it down to a particular cylinder (or two) and you're still getting consistant spark (you can remove the distributor and turn the shaft by hand to check) then it must be fuel, so look at your injectors and injector connectors. Check to make sure all your injector connectors are well fastened and not cracked or broken. If you need new ones, PM me, I sell them.

-Forrest

Guest 240Zduz10s

the cylinders with no spark are across from each other on the distributor

im going to check and see if the spark is getting all the way to the spark plugs today to see if the wires are at fault

Guest 240Zduz10s

it is acutally only #1 cyl, all others seem normal but i traded wires with cyl #1 and #2 and it was still #1 that was not working, im suspecting a fuel problem, would it be more likely a clogged injector or a faulty resistor pack?

anything else that would cause no change in idle if i pulled the spark plug wire?

thanks for your help guys

J