HybridZ

Anybody tried an LS1/LS6 ?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Just wondering. I had a 77 280z in highschool and have recently got the itch to restore one. It would be my first car project and probably be bitting off more than I could chew but I have several friends who are car folks so I could get help if needed. I have seen posts where people have put lt1's in the old z's but was wondering about an LS1? any idea's

Guest Ziggy Vulcan

I know Lone 1 did it, and I think there are some others that are starting or planning it. From what I understand it requires a good deal of work. I'm not really that knowledgable about it but you might want to talk to Lone.

There is a wealth of knowledge in the archives. Just do a search on LS1 in the Chevy V8 forum.

Phantom recently had one done using a conversion kit from John's cars. Made it sound like all of the kinks were worked out and the overall installation was truely fine. Here is the post

http://www.hybridz.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=003039#000001

jeromio has a truely entertaining web site detailing his conversion in progress. Check it out:

http://240z.jeromio.com/

Actually my LS-1 / T-56 swap into a '77 280Z is still an on-going project. Maichor was over this evening and got a good look at it. If you are wanting to do this kind of swap I imagine that mine will be complete and John will have kit parts available this spring. I told him tonight I had to have my car in time for the DFW Hybrid Z meet that is in the early stages of planning for next March or April. At this point progress has been slow, even by John's standards, so it may pick up a bit now that he has significant $ from me and many of the knotty details worked out.