HybridZ

FYI-Learn Turbo Z

cygnusx1

Very good article and reference for all turbo newbies or anyone wanting to learn. Here is something about I/Cs I found interesting and what I have been saying all along:

GOOD CHOICES are: Isuzu NPR, Porsche 944, Toyota Supra (MKIV), SVO Mustang, Thunderbird SC

BAD CHOICES are: Volvo, Starion, Mitsubishi, Supra (MKIII), some Audi's.

You are installing an I/C because you want to increase boost/HP, so why would you use an I/C designed to support an engine with LESS HP than what you are starting out with?

that was very enriching information. Can a non-turbo engine have a detonation problem. Occasionally when I turn my car off, it chugs, continues to cycle for a second or two. On its own after turning the ignition off. Could my exhuast system cause this, because it is much larger than the stock unit? Is this bad?

Guest Jason84NA-T
that was very enriching information. Can a non-turbo engine have a detonation problem. Occasionally when I turn my car off, it chugs, continues to cycle for a second or two. On its own after turning the ignition off. Could my exhuast system cause this, because it is much larger than the stock unit? Is this bad?

I believe what you are refering to is called "dieseling" because despite the igniton being in operation, the fuel still ignites. There is plenty of information out there on what causes this, try google.

As for that site, yeah it's a good intro for newbies to the turbo world! I think it should be stickied or something...

• 2 months later...