HybridZ

411 R200 in and going to race tonight.....

Corzette

OK finally got the 411 R200 in from Ross Corrigan and will test it tonight. Ill post times later. I hope to do better than a 12.47 (3.54 rear). I tested it on the blacktop with no traction problems. It is noticeably quicker...lets see what the slips say......until tonight! Still jetted at 70/80 so the MPH will be a little lower than bigger jetting settings have given me.....

Terry

Wow! What a night. First I ran a best of 12.3 at 111.87 and best MPH of 112.2 with the 411s. I cross the traps at 6000RPMS just perfect for this setup. Even though I picked up almost 2 tenths Im still only launching 1.90s or so. I expect the 3500stall will be the icing on the cake for the 350 setup. Im getting some Hoosiers 27 inch tires so I will have a little more room in third gear. No traction problems at all and man once it hit 2500 RPMS it jets like a bat out of hell. 7.90s and 8.0s on the eigth. Im happy with the swap. This diff you can not see thru it when the shafts are out but the 354 I could, what does that mean? One is an LSD?

OK the good stuff.....I WON THE SAN ANGELO STREET RACING V8 NA class tonight! I beat everyone I ran and it was SWEEEEET!. I have videos of them all and the final I only got the guy by .0064 secs!!! :shock: It was a 1970 NOVA 383 stroker...awesome race....now everyone knows me for sure. Also I raced a 350Z with the turbo kit and won 12.43 to 12.66 I think. It is a classic video...old meets new. Ill have it to post soon... I also beat all the F Bodies!!! :-D I hate F Bodies.....at least for tonight I rule!!!!! Thanks guys for reading...getting faster and faster... :D

Terry

That's fantastic. I was concerned you would have traction problems with the 4.11's. I hope the traction doesnt become an issue once you put your 383 in.

For now-when you race w/the 355 what rpm do you lauch...what is your technique for getting the car moving? Do you punch it from a dead idle-rev it to 2000rpm ect, ect(?).

Kevin,

(Yea,Still an Inliner)

Wow, Nice!

Just wondering:

What transmission are you running?

What is you tire size?

Is the LSD a clutch?

Did you supply the gears to Ross? (I have a 3.70 clutch LSD sitting on my back porch and would love to get some 4:11's in it before it goes in the car.)

Congrats and hope to see you in the 11's soon,

Dale

Dale/Kevin the R200 came out of a 1985 180SX Turbo. It seems to be an LSD and launches great. I have a 2800 stall in a 700R4 auto. My brake stall is only about 1800 RPMS at launch however. I hold the break and give it gas just before the wheels start to turn and slam the throttle halfway thru the last yellow light on the tree. I cut a .504 light yesterday on the 12.3 run. I expect to have some traction issues with the 3500 stall coming soon. But I will go to the 27 inch Hoosiers before then so it still should be fine. I need to get my launches to at least 1.7s before breaking 11s. Im sitting at 1.90s now so the convertor should help lots. The 411s pull hard as hell after I get rolling. Im real happy with the choice thus far.

Tannji I have the vids and will send to whoever cares to post them. I am having them put on a cd for easier storage. The 350Z turbo was a classic to see..... Bigger jets for the next time out. I should be able to hit 113 MPH or so I think....12.2s are a stretch but just maybe......we'll see.

Terry

Glad to hear the 411's are working out for ya! You can send me those clips of your car again and I will post them for ya :D How big are the files? Im pretty sure I still have a big chunk of storage on my site avaliable. I host them until I need the space! :D

Guy