HybridZ

Link to Photos 302V8

Guest V8Juice

Guest 305240

I'm curious about a few things on your awsome Z. I'm doing the same thing only into a 240. What are you using for exhaust? They look stock, but what are they off of? Did you have any steering issues? How about the motor mount system as well as the tranny mount? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Looks great. Welcome to the site, and a special welcome from the Ford contingent. Anytime I see another Ford conversion, the first thing that pops up in my head is what mounting method did you use. We Ford guys are such a varied lot in this matter, so curiousity begs me to ask.

Guest V8Juice

I will get the details about the mounts and exhaust and stuff posted with some possible photos too. I'll need a couple of days. I'm doing some home remodeling right now.

Dan.

Guest V8Juice

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the welcome. I live in Upland, CA. Thats about 30 minutes North of MotorSport Auto which is in Anahiem, CA. (Great bunch of guys down there), and they put on an awesome show every April, the West Coast Nationals. This year they had around 550 Z-Cars. I saw a lot of Chevy V8 conversions this year and only one Ford, it was an efi 5.0.

There seems to be a few questions from the guys on the board about how I did some things on my 78. I will put together some photos and a list of info as soon as I get a chance and post it. By the way, you have an awesome site here and I'll be clicking on the PayPal icon, I feel we should support the things that we enjoy and benifit from.

Have a great day.

Dan

Dan,

It's good to see another Ford powered Z on road. Like Blueovalz, I am curious what method you used to mount the engine.

Oh yeah, that was my EFI Ford 240Z at the MSA show. Hopefully you will have yours at next year's show.

Josh

Guest bobs302z

Always great to see a another ford conv...I have had mine on the road for the 3rd summer ..love it..Have put 6500miles on since May...your car looks good.. Bob