HybridZ

1972 240Z Clutch pedal years?.... I must be mad......

I have a 1972 240z I am swaping to a manual 6 speed. The car was an auto. I went to the junkyard and found a

1970 240z

and a

1973 240z.

I pulled both the clutch and brake pedals on both cars. The pedals looked exactly the same so I bought the 1973 pedal that were nicer. After I installed them on my car I noticed the brake and clutch pedals are about .75" apart. This can not be right. Am I mad...!?

ps I searched already.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I have a '72, and I'd guesstimate they're 1" apart. Not really a problem; I, at least, tend to work the left side of the clutch pedal, and the right side of the brake. If you're uncomfortable with them that close, they're mild steel and will take a bend nicely without heating.

• 9 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I'm trying to clear things up here. I have an unknown year brake and clutch pedal setup in my `72. The clutch and brake are too close for comfort at the moment and I'd like to get this corrected. Can anyone chime in on what I have currently what I need to replace it with to get the correct layout. I'm assuming I have later model pedals here in an older vehicle?

pedals.jpg