HybridZ

fuel pressure 38-40... still running rich?

z-REX

hey guys... my 240 turbo has been running rich down low since i bought it, so i picked up a boost- referenced msd adjustable fpr, and went the ghetto lowes pressure gauge route. i hooked up the gauge first and was shocked to find the idle pressure to be right around 38-40. :? stumped. i know it's running rich... it bogs noticably off the line unless i launch at 3500 plus, and i've seen the plugs... before i changed them my last set was jet black. so why in god's name am i running rich???? if i had hair i'd be yanking at it right now.

yeah, it's all the time. i know some adjustments were made on the afm before i got it, basically the p/o's way of getting the engine to not lean out in spool range. damned if i know how to re-adjust it, but now that i'll have the fpr to add fuel when i need it i shouldn't need the afm tweaked like that. seems like the logical solution... now what do i do about it? :bonk:

If everything is stock (injectors, etc), then see if you can find an AFM that hasn't been mucked with. You should run the stock FPR too. Get it running good in stock form first, then start modifying things.

yeah, a friend told me the same thing... he's the prez of my z-club and has built a few of these himself. my numbers must have been off. :bonk: even though he said he ran more like 28 at idle and lemme tell ya his car flew :shock: so, i guess i bought the regulator for a reason after all...

thanks guys for all the help! :cheers: