HybridZ

R33 Gtr under a 260Z shell

Guest quadcamZ

Guest quadcamZ

there is around 140mm of extra trac width but like anything this has to be dooable. has anyone seen or heard of full 4wd running gear dropped into a s30. or do you reckon it could be. just looking at a wrecked 33 for $10000 Au it would make a very nice zed.

Guest BigWhyteDude

It has been done. Well the AWD train was put under an S30. I think it was from an R-34 though. IT was done some where in Japan. Look back in the archives there might still be pics of it.

Andrew

Guest Aguyandaredhead

The guy doing it is in Springfield, He has been a long time ZFreak. The coolest thing that will make his diffrent is he is also making the S30 a widebody. Not by flare's but he is adding 10" in the middle. Took 2 clean 240's to do it but it will be cool.. I can hear the purists now (oh no sawsall)..

I will post any pics I get of it as it is being built..

Jeff

The guy doing it is in Springfield' date=' He has been a long time ZFreak. The coolest thing that will make his diffrent is he is also making the S30 a widebody. Not by flare's but he is adding 10" in the middle. Took 2 clean 240's to do it but it will be cool.. I can hear the purists now (oh no sawsall)..

I will post any pics I get of it as it is being built..

Jeff[/quote']

woh that sounds funky, I would love to see some pictures of that thing! where is he going to get the windshield from?

Guest Aguyandaredhead

No sorry guys no bench seat.. The windshield is being made for him by a Racing Co who supply's custom glass.. I will try and find their name out for future refrence.. Yea I would also love to have an extra 6-12" in width in my RB240z.

I'll try and keep U all posted.

Jeff

• 1 month later...

How funny,I just ran across this thread while doing a search for something else.

Jeff you should of told me why my ears were burning !?lol.

Things on the "Widebody Z (RB26DETT AWD) are going ,just slow due to travel in my job !

I've collected all the Carbon Fiber and resin amd tools to work with that. A NISMO twin disc clutch,HKS light flywheel,18x 13" wide wheels,stainless steel square tube for the lower frame ,etc,etc.

Jeff,I understand your 2WD swap is moving ahead full spead ??

...............Vince

Guest quadcamZ

10" wider would be nice that will really have presence on the road i am sure it is a lot easier said than done. full points for the (It can be done attitude)

What i want to see is the outher two halves that are 10" narrower. Hehehe

Guest Aguyandaredhead

Sorry Vince, I meant to tell you about this tread. I have just been so busy at work as well. I am still waiting fo rsome pics from you. I tried to send you a bunch of new ones of my project but your email acct rejected them. I guess it did not like all the files (size).

By the way I am going to be in springfield the weekend of the 16-17-18 of Sept if you are going to be around lets get together and try to motivate me (and maybe you) or I will never get this thing done. I have a few questions about Stainless for you as well.

yes the guy in New Zealand is giving me a way right deal.. If you need parts from nissan Japan or anything else skyline related as well he is hooking me up for his cost..

Give me a yell.

Jeff

Exellent Jeff ! Look forward to seeing you ! Be sure and check with me a few days before you leave (by cell ). I'm doing alot of short trips to Sacramento ,Dayton,Houston and so on.So I won't know til the last minute when I have to bolt ! :roll:

For those interested,I've been building S30 Z's since 1981,and have ALWAYS wanted to express what I felt was the "Beast Within" a Datsun Z.So in that, I had always invisioned a Subtle width enhancement to make a more agressive stance (not to mention a handling gain).

I love the vintage body and long nose,so I'll keep all of that styling and add a G-nose, Carbon Fiber ZG flares,rockers,doors,hood,hatch,cowl and air dam.

The 18x 10.5 and 18x 13" 3-piece wheels I got from Japan are going to be the perfect stance !The rear width mounted on the GTR sub-assembly measures 73" rim edge to rim edge,even before I mount tires ! :twisted:

Thats over SIX FEET WIDE ! :shock:

Now thats what I'm talkin' about ! Width that commands some respect ! Not for me,but the OLD Z"s.

I chose the RB26 DETT all wheel drive GTR drivetrain because my personal experiance in my 91' GMC AWD turbo SYCLONE has been that all wheel drive with good horsepower RULES most race senarios.

It has 287 WHP and this RB26 will have 650 ! So YES,I am SO stoked !

Thanks for the comments Z Guys !

......................Vince :D