HybridZ

Twin engine Tiburon

Guest POKINATCHA

Guest POKINATCHA

Does anybody have any info on that twin engine Tiburon that was in SCC a couple of years ago? If I remeber correctly the car ran a full engine/transaxle setup in the front and rear. How would you go about ensuring the two were at the same operating speed? And how was the shifting handled? Just curious about some of the logistics.

I have the video of that SCC. If I remember the first engine is started and then a few seconds later the second engine is started and then engaged. The SCC video did not talk too much about the actual logistics of the set-up - unfortunately! They could have shot the entire video just on that car.

Yasin

from what I remember, that car had the same setup that dan described. He even did a burnout with one transmission in forward and one in reverse as the gross display of horsepower... If anyone is interested I could post more details if I can find the magazine article in SCC.

Guest ON3GO

i remember hearing about that car from cali car forums talking about how they just lost to a stock looking and sounding tiburon in there 800rwhp supra.

i laughed my but off...

but the Tib had 2 auto trannys.. had to reach in the back to put the tranny in drive or whatever you wanted to put it in.

the back glass was painted black, i dont even think it was glass though.

it even had the turbo's in the exhaust piping under the car.. you didnt even hear or see them!

mike

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dorifto_Tuning

Tell ya what ... I'll go grab that issue of SCC off my shelf and scan the article about it, then post it here and on my website. Sound good? :2thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Sounded like 2 turboed ricers with fart cans..... only not, lol. Never saw ANYONE do a burnout like that one tho.... :shock: I did some searching for that video and had come to the conclusion it was just a web/urban legend.

Thanks for posting that finally. I am that much closer to having lived a complete life now. :D