HybridZ

Blown 327 with 144 charger clearence help.

Guest Phil1934

Hot Rod mag did the same swap 20 years ago and had to run a cowl hood. Looked the same height as stock Chevy offerings so I'd say 2".

I had planned to use that blower a while back and doing some measurements,found that the whole setup was only 1 1/2 inches higher than a standard carb/intake.The blower intake sits very low in the intake valley.You may have to be a little creative with the air filter,either using a remote or a low profile of some kind,but I think you could fit it under a stock hood without too much trouble,if thats your goal.A centrifigal may give you a few more options though.Good luck with it!!

Guest Phil1934

I had to keep a 144 low on a car I'm building so put on the Holley Projection which is about an inch lower. It also had a filter adapter I chucked and just hammer formed a filter housing neck to save another 1/2". If you need specifics I can go measure against a Holley, but I think you'll need th ehood or weld a bubble on the stocker. I picked up some from a street rod supplier as I still missed my mark by 2". :?