HybridZ

quick I/C question, is this too small?

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Haven't been able to get pics taken. For anyone that didn't read my thread a while ago there's this nice looking Trust FMIC at my job just sitting in a pile of junk... well police evidence... but it's junk just sitting there and as soon as the police give the okay that stuff is gonna get trashed, and I have dibs on the I/C.

Problem is... I keep thinking about it and the unit looks pretty small, well, small compared to the I/C's I've seen guys from here running. So I figured I better ask...

The unit's length is just right, the inlet/outlets positioned perfectly to line up with the holes in the radiator support... so that's like 2.5' long I think? But it's a very short unit, I'd say only about 6-9" tall. And about 3" thick. The inlet/outlet's are, I believe, 2.5" in diameter. With the height, it's only about half the size of the units I usually see in pics here... so... does that mean it's too small? I've kinda had my hopes on that unit but now I wonder if I'm gonna be hurting performance if I use it....

The smaller NPR that i ran i believe was only about 9" tall and helped me run a good amount more of boost so, it doesn't sound like it's going to be bad. I really dont think you can hurt performace with a smaller IC like that unless it has a lot of pressure drop across it. Now if it were real big, it could hurt you by creating lag which i don't think you'll have with what you've described.

I agree with Jersey.

Except that you need to remember what all males have to deal with; that is SIZE...Ya gotta be able to deal with the remarkes just in case you happen to pull up beside a guy with a very LARGE I/C and you exhibit your smallish one..... If you use it ;be strong remember its not the size that counts its how you use it (aka et times)... :D sorry guys had to go with this one....

525, Thats about the exact size of my Spearco. No matter how hard I drive or how hot the weather is, when I stop, open the hood, and feel the IC, the inlet is hot and the outlet is as cold as can be. I run 13psi with 2.5" tubing.

Guest bastaad525

actually I kinda like that it is small for visibility reasons. I'm goign to mount it from the top of the radiator support, I tried a little test fit right there and when viewed from the front of the car you couldn't hardly see it at all. I also love that it will not block off the whole radiator. okay so I guess it's large enough... now I just go back to waiting.

Guest bastaad525

actually I kinda like that it is small for visibility reasons. I'm goign to mount it from the top of the radiator support, I tried a little test fit right there and when viewed from the front of the car you couldn't hardly see it at all. I also love that it will not block off the whole radiator. okay so I guess it's large enough... now I just go back to waiting.