HybridZ

Megasquirt and supercharger finally running!

280zedx

Well i finally caught the last electrical gremlin in my MS install and it fired up and idled sweet! :D It was running real rich on a wideband LM-1 and i ended up with a required fuel setting of around 8 to keep a perfect idle. (thanks for the startup settings Moby and Sims) This was i'm sure due to the supercharger and piping not hooked up, air sucking right in the throttle body.

Next step was to try the megaspark as well. no luck. With a GM HEI between my MSS and coil, and tried both my ignition module and a HEI module to get a signal but still nothing. I'm assuming it might be my magnetic pickup type of distributor '83 N/A(not the optic CAS type). Has anyone been succesful with one of these? A swap to a turbo distributor would solve this but it'll have to wait till winter.

I'm waiting on a BOV and will be hopefully be welding that on next week, but i temporarily hooked the piping and I/C up, belted up the supercharger and fired it up. Adjusted the fuel back to roughly Moby and Sims stock turbo tables and voila...a blown 280! I'm only going to adjust the idle until the BOV is installed since this setup with a roots style of blower before the throttle body is dangerous without it. Paitence is tough when its been on jack stands for 2 and a half years.

Other little gremlins now include my alternator packing it in, an air leak at the top side of my throttlebody gasket (really weird, but maybe caused by me not waiting for my BOV, i had to at least test to see if it was boosting heh heh), and my doorlock keylight staying on continuous, hmmm.

I still have lots of megasquirt settings work ahead and a suspension to setup, but the fun has begun!

-stay tuned-

Hey, glad you are making process. I also had no luck with the HEI module. It sounds like you've already made sure the input signal for the ignition is working fine....check your Q5 transistor with a voltmeter to make sure it's ok (mine needed to be replaced.) I am running MSD instead, which needed a 50% dwell version of the code (magnus posted it on the MSS list I believe) and that is working fine. You can probe the output of your Q5 with an LED to see if you're getting a signal at all.

Good luck!

-Forrest