HybridZ

Calling all SR20 Powered Zs!!!

SiL-LadY

Okie Dokie. I'm back and will have to hang out for a while now.

I bought my first 240z today. Its a 73, white, L-28 w/4-speed.

I will be pulling all of this in favor of my SR20DET setup, which will (as I mentioned earlier) be headed for 600rwhp at 24psi on the T3/T67.

Here's a pic of the car:

240zAd.jpg

Like I said, I bought it today... so no mods to it yet. (or extensive pics)

Sorry to whomever was offended by my comment about Carbon Fiber parts. I realize they are a little lighter if designed for racing, but 99% of carbon fiber parts out there today are Carbon Fiber and glaze laid over fiberglass, and actually weigh more. I do realize that some companies are actually taking advantage of the benefits of the actual CF itself, and not just the Bling Bling prices. So, I apologize for that.

I am looking for aftermarket parts to replace the entire front end. I want to drop weight off that ridiculously heavy hood, replace the fenders (they have a little rust anyway) and anything else that can go. I will most likely drop the cash for all fiberglass parts, but not go so far as to buy CF parts.

The car comes with the bumpers, too.... but I hate the stock bumpers. I will leave them off and get a kit that cleans it up. Anyone have some good ones that hide the bumper mounts? I've found some nice front bumpers, but for the back... it seems that the good ones all fit under the bumper. I want to cover it as well.

Sorry such a long post. I'm just excited about my new car.

SilLady, the GT25R on an SR20DET can make 350hp easily. With cams and aftemarket intake and exhaust manifolds, it will reach 400rwhp. Do not expect anything past that with it. It is a great turbo, though.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest FullBoostOrBust

Hey guys, I succsessfully used a S15 ECU wiring diagram to start my Late 96-98 S14 engine. The ECM pinouts on the S15 and late S14's are exactly the same! I am now waiting on my driveshaft, should be done today, Orderd my throttel cable, gotta make a clutch fluid line and exhaust and i'm done. The car is running strong at the moment, just not moving hehe. I will do the body work over the winter and paint in the spring. Heres some new pics with the JIC seats and a good portion of the dash complete.

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EesuGLVo1Go

• 1 month later...

Replying to HolyLlama on the difference b/w the SR20DE & DET: I was wondering the same thing, so we tore down a new S15 NA motor at our shop to find out. The difference b/w the SRDE & the DET (besides the torbo. lol) is alot more than I thought. This is what we found:

-Distributor (or the lack thereof on the DET)

-Different cam cover (the DE doesn't have the holes for the center plug cover)

-More longer duration cams on NA :idea:

-Exhaust valves are different (the DET has sodium valves, I think),

-Intake manifold/Throttlebody is larger (the intake manifold design is the same. . . just the diameter of the inlet)

-Exhaust manifold (. . . of course)

-Pistons and rods (lower compression and beefier rods on the DET)

-Block (no oil lines for the turbo, no piston oil squirters on the DE, but as far as I know, the durability is the same b/w the two)

-Tranny, I think is different (I know for the S15, but not sure about the S13 & 14)

-I have NOT checked the oil pump & water pump, but since the front cover of the motors are different, I'm assuming the inside's different also.

What we found out is that if you want to build a DE into a DET, and make it as reliable as the original, there's a LOT more work that meets the eye. :cry:

The throttle body and the cams are a good (and fairly inexpensive mod for the turbo ppl) :-D

Kenny

http://www.rbmotoring.com

s14 has a better water pump, doesnt cavitate

s14 tranny is still 71c, stronger version than s13

but the tranny swaps between the two.

it is common to change sr20det head to be servicable with sr20de parts so you can service the whole engine with parts available in the USA

the oil squirters are worth it...and anyway

sr20det longblocks are only like 500-600 bucks