HybridZ

oil pan clearance

Guest 007fastZ

Guest 007fastZ

i'm doing the sbc swap in my 280zx and i've been putting all my pieces together and was trying to figure out what kind of oil pan to run. I have a short block with eagle forged crank and rods and je pistons. I'm ordering my heads, cam, lifters, and roller rockers next week. I'm building the motor to produce power at a higher rpm so its getting a solid roller cam, and will have around 585/585 lift. i want to use a 7 quart pan so i can run a high volume pump. I'm not quite sure if i will have enough clearance. I have a 280zx 2+2 lowered about an inch an a half. I plan on making around 500hp. Any help? Thanks

I'm using a 7qt. Moroso pan in my ZX. I also am running slightly lowered suspension. The pan sits slightly lower than a stock pan. With caution, it should work all right (no speed bumps). You should be able to see it in the pic of the trans mount on my page below.

Guest the_dj

How about a high volume pump and feeding two turbos?

I believe if you just make sure the oil doesn't run low there wouldn't be any problem at all.

I'm using MSA mounts on my 83 ZX with a GM Performance parts Fastburn 385 and had to massage the bottom of the pan of both sides to clear the R&P. Other than that works great. There is a parts list on GM performace parts for that motor and sure you get the part #..

Guest 007fastZ

i've heard if you are going to be running high revolutions that you can run the pump dry with a high volume pump and a 5 or 6 quart pan