HybridZ

FUBAR?

Guest Navy280Z

Guest Navy280Z

Well, I am an idiot. I put in cool air onto my '78 280Z 2+2. That wasn't the big deal. What WAS the big deal was when I decided to put on MSA headers and a new exhaust system. My buddy and I did the work ourselves, and it was going well until two of the holes for the bolts into the combination manifolds stripped. Well, that wasn't a problem for us because we were genius enough to simply JB Weld them into place (okay, by now you've realized that we're novice AND idiots). Now that I've put the manifolds back in and hooked everything back up, the car won't start. It is turning, and there is a spark, but nothing else. Also, when I stop trying to start it, there is a "whirring" sound, almost like a turbine stopping spinning that is coming from around the starter. Any ideas?

Also, if someone can tell me where that big hose goes that's under the manifold, I'd greatly appreciate it. I thought I knew where, but the two ports are of different diameter. Thanks!

Uh.. that 'big hose' under the intake manifold.. could be the PVC hose.. it should go down, over (left if looking at the engine from the drivers side) and towards the front of the engine.. there is a tube there into the side of the engine block, right under the thermostat housing. I accidentaly pulled mine off the other day (at the intake) while trying to tune the car, and it stalled right out.. that might be causing the no start problem.

As for the whirring sound, thats what mine does too. Its just the starter kicking in and 'spinning down' You ussually just dont hear it cause the engine has started and is loud enough to drown it out.